Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week One Day II

I currently do not own a personal camera but I have rented a Meredith College camera. The camera is a Nikon D70 digital camera. I am very excited to have the opportunity to use this camera because I have taken a photography class in High School and used Photoshop to develop a better photograph. Although I am not an expert I have at least some experience. The positive thing about this camera is the ability to control the depth of field which means you have the control on what is and is not in focus. Another positive aspect is a higher quality lens making your images sharper in some areas as needed. Most importantly having a high ISO which makes the images better for low light conditions. However, the negative aspects about this camera is bulky and will be more challenging to take pictures of cats and small animals. Also trying to come inside the dogs cage will take a little more time because the camera is very fragile and can be damage easily.

This image works well because of the depth of field
since he is in focus but everything else around him is not in
 focus making the viewer only focus on him
This image works well in the depth of field because
we focus on his face. However, this image does not
because his glasses have a glare and a distraction.

This image works well because the focus goes straight to the middle
where we need to focus.
This image does not work well because the fishes are not in focus. This makes the image look
unprofessional and look as if the image was taken by a cheap camera.


This image does not work well because of the flash
used. The flash makes the viewer lose focus and it looks unprofessional.

This image works well because the high ISO makes the fish scales look bright and for
a fish the eyes are not the best angle of the fish.

2 comments:

  1. Cute fish! And cute boy! I agree that the shallow depth of field in the boy with baseball uniform works well because it draws our attention to just the boy and not the background. This is a good technique to use when we work with the dogs in the animal shelter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mary, I agree with you. This technique will make the adopters have an awe moment while they focus on the animal's face.

    ReplyDelete