The technique that was most valuable to me was the forced shallow depth of field. The reason I think this, is because my images have always had shallow depth of field but knowing this technique makes me feel more confident about how I photograph. For example to an adopter they want to see just the image of an animal and they want to be able to have an awe moment as soon as they see them. But, if your images lack the shallow depth of field than by forcing that technique you can still edit your image to look the way you wanted it to look.

I agree, Britany! Shallow Depth of Field is one of the most, if not the most, important technique for us to use in our images for this class. It really allows the viewers to focus on the animals, just like you mentioned. The photo that you chose for this post is a great example of shallow depth of field, supporting your blog post. Great job.
ReplyDelete@Pauline, I agree with you. By focusing the animal's face causes the adopters to really focus only om them.
DeleteBritany, this is a great photo. Not only does it show a good example of shallow depth of field, but it also shows the detail of the face including his coloring and whiskers. Good Job!
ReplyDelete@Abbie, thanks for the comment. I also liked the way this image turned out because his face is focused and his eyes really pop.
DeleteVery nice application of this technique. It really helps little Blake out and makes us focus on his blue eyes and white whiskers!
ReplyDelete@Mary thanks for the comment. I really loved editing this photograph because I saw Blake's beautiful eyes in detail.
Delete