After volunteering at the Wake County Animal Center I have been around a lot of adoptions as well as people surrendering their animals. I was able to witness three different stories of people giving up their animals. The first story, was about family problems that involved getting rid of the animal because one spouse did not like the animal. The second story, was people finding the animals like for example in the road and calling the police to get the animal out of the neighborhood or street. The third story, was about the Animal Control taking animals that are either in inhuman situations or have been on the lose without a tag. Although these are stories I have experienced I still think there are so many other reasons for why people decide to give up their animals. However after volunteering for a week I have realized that many people have different reasons for letting the animals go, but the one's that are are mostly harmed are the older animals that have less chances of getting adopted.

That is a great photograph, and your image is focused very well! Particularaly the dept of field is noticeable and works really well with this photograph. I am also really concerned about the older animals who have less chances of being adopted. It's a shame for the animals, and people might not think about how much easier an already trained animal who might have lived in a house before would be so much easier to take home that a rambunctious puppy, even though the puppies are so cute.
ReplyDelete@Lauren, I agree with you. It is sad that most of the older animals have less chances of getting adopted. I hope as a class we can improve the animals chances of finding a wonderful home.
DeleteI really like this photo, because it is so in focus. I also like your use of shallow depth of field, but I would also like to see more of the cats body too. Overall this is a really great photo, good job!
ReplyDelete@Abbie, I agree with you. It was a challenge to get the body in the photograph while having a focused image. I know that is a challenge I need to improve on, in future photographs.
DeleteYes, the animal is reaching out to us. the stories you describe are very sad. There are many reasons for surrendering animals. I am wondering why you might think there are so many in the first place?
ReplyDelete@Mary, I understand you. Surrendering your animals is very hard, but I think the number of surrenders increases when animals start having babies.
ReplyDelete