| Remy CamID#72851 Photo Taken By WCAS Volunteer 5/28/2013
Overall I think Remy has not yet been adopted because many people are scared of Pit Bulls. Also being a female, many adopters do not want to deal with having babies and potentially having more expenses. Although Remy has not yet been adopted I think she will be adopted because she is a wonderful companion that will protect anyone and with her joy brighten anyone's day.
|
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Observations
Although I have been going to the Wake County Animal Center for only three weeks I have noticed that numerous dogs and cats come every single day. Most of these dogs are puppies and get adopted very quickly. However many of the older dogs suffer because adopters are more interested in puppies, than in older dogs that have less chances of finding a home. This does not surprise me because I am guilty of this myself. Knowing that puppies are so cute makes lots of people more attracted to them, leaving the older dogs alone. I did see a wonderful couple take an older dog for protection and companionship. I thought that was wonderful and was significant people if you think about it a puppy or kitten will not be good protectors like an older dog or cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, the vast majority of puppies and kittens are adopted much quicker than the older animals. I do believe that your photographs of the older animals, just like that one of Remy, will significantly increase the older animals chances of becoming adopted.
ReplyDelete@Claire, thank you for the comment. I hope that by making the animals stand out, will increase their probability of getting adopted.
ReplyDeleteGood. I am wondering if you can support your thoughts with any ideas you came across in the articles assigned for this week?
ReplyDelete@Mary, I agree with you. The articles do not really talk about why adopters like puppies over older dogs. I think its because our human instincts just loves little puppies because we think they are cute.
Delete