For today's lecture the most important think to remember when photographing an animal is to have a close up of the animal with little distraction and a full body image. This will make sure your image's are clear, sharp, and a clear representation of the animal. Having a clear image of an animal will give the adopter a clear picture of the pet they wish to adopt. Having little distraction in the background makes the adopter only focus on the animal. In the image below Percy is a smiling dog that has a focused face and most of his body in this image. Also little distraction makes the adopters only focus on him.
The Brillance of the Dog Mind, by Gareth Cook,
THE SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN, February 5, 2013,
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=brilliance-of-dog-mind&WT.mc_id=SA_Facebook is a article I read and I thought it was very interesting because we are explained that does are not geniuses but that each do is good at certain things. For example police dogs that get trained to find illegal substances and then your regular house dog that just stays with the family. I think all animals are smart therefore this article does not change my opinion but does support what I think about police training K9 dogs.
 |
Cam ID#26984
Photo Taken by WCAS Volunteer
Copied 5/20/2013 |
 |
This image works well because the cat is in focus. Also the intensity of this cats eyes
draws the adopter to only focus on the cat and look at its features. |
Britany, I love the picture of Cam you chose. His face is so expressive and sweet-it really looks like he is smiling!
ReplyDelete@Leslie, Thank you for the comment. I chose that photograph because i think it is really hard to get a smiling dog.
ReplyDeleteGood ideas, but how might this article apply to the shelter? Would we treat the animals differently knowing they have a higher intelligence? Might we be more eager to spay/neuter them?
ReplyDelete