Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Wake County Animal Center Orientation Photo's
Based on my first day of orientation I was able to sit at the Wake County Animal Center lobby and observe animals such as cats and dogs being adopted as well as people taking their animals because they were unable to take care of them. This experience helped me understand why some people cannot take care of their animals and would rather see them happier in a better home. When going through a walk-through I could smell the animal's food but overall there were areas of the center the smelled very clean. The sounds changed from animals such as dogs mostly barking and then getting increasingly high. The cats and small critters did minimal noises and really just woke up when the class was walking by the area. One dog in particular, her name is Joan Rivers caught my attention because when I stepped in the dog's room everything was quiet until Joan Rivers barked and than every other dog started barking. Almost to show she was the boss and I really thought that was showing the dog's personality. My first day was amazing and I recommend anyone who wants to adopt animals, or just help to volunteer at Wake County Animal Center should do so because just with one more volunteer that could make a big difference in a animals life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In the picture of the bunny I like how you used the high ISO setting on your camera to highlight the bunny’s face. That is a great picture that defiantly makes me want to adopt it.
ReplyDelete@Claire, so true. I hope that by having these photographs many viewers will adopt animals.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to the sounds you described as being quite prominent. The animal noises are one of the things that immediately overwhelms me.
ReplyDelete@Mary, I agree with you. Sometimes I have to step away and have a moment to myself to focus on my goal.
Delete