I
will be volunteering at the Wake County Animal Center. To adopt an animal there
are small fee's that have to be paid when you adopt the animal. Since there
are different animals the adoption of a dog is $45 and $50. For cats
the fee is $15 and $30. The diffidence in those two prices are if the
dog or cat has been spay or neuter the price is increased. The fees for dogs
include the pet's first shots for general dewormer which is a heartworm test
(DA2PPV or FVRCP), a flea and tick treatment, a microchip, and a rabies
vaccine. For cats the same flea and tick treatment, a microchip, and rabies
vaccine apply with an added FIV/FELU test for cats. The adopter can always
return if their pet was under four months at the time of adoption for a rabies
inoculation for no additional cost. However, for small critters
and exotic animals it ranges anywhere from $10 to $45. Rodents are
$10, Guinea Pigs are $15, Rabbits and Bird are $20, Reptiles are $30, and
Ferrets are $45. The reason I think the shelter does not give the homeless pets
free, is because the county spends a lot of money taking care of these animals
that a small fee at least covers some of the expenses. I asked a visitor who
ended up adopting a bird about this question and he told me, “The fee is for a
donation to the Wake County Animal Center—Abel Martinez”. I also asked a staff
worker and he said, “We do not have an application process so there is a fee
and that fee causes a second guess before really adopting an animal—Richie”.
These answers can be positive because people need to be serious about adopting
an animal. The negative parts of these answers are not everyone wants to pay
that small fee. However I had an amazing
time volunteering today because I was able to translate for a family and a pet
got adopted.
| This image works well because it shows how in order to adopt, you have to think twice about an adoption. This will provide the best loving home. |
| This image reminds me about the fee being part of a donation that takes care of the expenses to care for these animals. |
Britany, that is a beautiful picture of Sable! I'm actually quite jealous; I couldn't get her to sit still for me! I honestly don't think I could find a single flaw about it. Her face is directed at the camera, the lighting is just right, the depth of view makes the viewer focus on her face, and the image is very clear/crisp. Great job!
ReplyDelete@Katie, I agree with you. It was a little hard to keep him still but I had a lot of patience.
DeleteBritany- your first picture is amazing! The cats eyes really stand out and the quality of her face is great!
ReplyDelete@Leslie, thanks for the comment. I think the photograph enhances the cats features.
DeleteBritany, your frist photo looks great! I love that the cat is looking at you and that you also got the full body in. I would love to see a picture like that with the second cat. I know that's not easy though.
ReplyDelete@Abbie, I agree with you. I think my second photograph could use some work and a better use of depth of field.
DeleteVery strong images. I am so happy you went the extra mile for the family at the shelter by translating. I would bet that the bird would have not found her home if you hadn't been there to translate. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteOne thing, please note that the price for unaltered dogs is $95 (fee+surgery), and unaltered cats are $45 (fee+surgery).
@Mary, I agree with you. I am very happy that I was able to help a family adopt a wonderful pet.
ReplyDelete