Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Big Impact

The impact that photography can have at the shelter are adoptions, and more volunteers. If the photograph's make more adopters come to the shelter than more animals will get adopted. On the other side if more people want to get involved in a fun way by photographing, than coming to the shelter provides volunteers with photographing animals and helping save lives. The artistic skills come in handy when you want the animals to have a certain position that will make them look more adorable. Another example is having the animals be the primary focus and getting rid of the distracting and non-clean background.  Being at the Wake County Animal Center I have notice that there are a lot of posters about cute pets that make the visitors really want to take home a pet. Also these posters inform the visitors about helping lives and knowing the responsibility of adopting an animal. I think most importantly the animal shelter wants the adopters to feel 100% sure that they are going to love and take care of their new pet.
I put this image because this is one of the many posters around the shelter that really make the visitors want to adopt and make sure they can take care of their new pet. I think if the whole shelter was white without posters than there would be no additional push to adopt these pets in need. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great opportunity to discuss the facts and figures from the Public Data Sheet. It would make your position even stronger to know how many animals come through the shelter exactly, and how many make it out. It is time to flaunt your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mary, I agree with you. Many of these posters cause adopters to want to make a difference and really have people tell others to adopt or foster.

      Delete