For this week I challenged myself to photograph multiple animals in one cage. I decided to do this because this week there were a lot of puppies that were put into a cage with one or more other puppies. At first I had a really big challenge when I got into the cage because the puppies were trying to get out and I had to focus on both at the same time. The same happen with kittens because they were five in one cage and although they are much easier to handle they wanted to jump out of the cage. Another problem I had was trying to get a good photograph that was focused and good enough to edit in photoshop. Then I learned that for puppies talking to them really calms them down and when you give them treat they will focus on eating rather than playing around. I got some wonderful photographs but most importantly I learned to talk to the animals both cats and dogs and talk to them to calm them down. Based on the article we had to read for this week called "Why is Euthanasia Necessary?" we were able to read about how euthanasia is necessary. I think the major reason for euthanasia is because we have a huge amount of puppies that get surrendered regularly. This causes the older animals to suffer because people would rather have a puppy than an older dog. I think Neutering an animal is the best solution for this problem as explained in the article.
 |
Marcus # 89047 This puppy was in one cage with another puppy named Travis. |
 |
Mercury #89073 This kitten was in another cage with four other kittens named Lakers, Spurs, Care, and Heat. |
The article was called "Exploring the Bond". I would love to hear you connect the author/veterinarian's perspective too. She discusses what other options and services veterinarians can provide in helping reduce the euthanasia rates. I am glad to hear that you started tackling multiple animals in one kennel. This is a good challenge. Treats do help!
ReplyDelete@Mary, I agree with you. Taking pictures of multiple animals is challenging but has helped me improve my single animal photography.
Delete