The most valuable aspect of this course aside from helping adopt animals at the animal shelter was being able to learn how to interact with animals. Before this course I had never interacted with animals. The most important and valuable aspect was knowing that the big Pitbull dogs are not scary they just need to be handled with more care because they can easily become excited. I was also able to learn a lot about the animal shelter and how it works and the biggest change we can do as adopters is adopt pets that are older. Another thing I have learned id knowing how to work with Photoshop because that is an important learning experience that can help me in future activities. I think being able to work online is very helpful because for me personally I had other online courses this summer and working online provided me with more comfort for working online. I can honestly say that this course has helped me a lot because it was not just focused on teaching me one thing but multiple things.
I put these two images because they are both the same cat and in the first image he looks so adorable and in the second image he looks scared. I put these two images to compare how in this course I was able to work with animals and get their best position were they are calm and happy.

I'm glad that you gained such a great experience from this class, learning how to interact with animals. I remember how you mentioned wanting an animal companion in the beginning of the class because you only have goldfish at the moment. According to your images, you're doing a great job at interacting and handling the animals!
ReplyDelete@Pauline, thanks for the comment. I think the hardest thing for me is knowing which cat or dog I can handle on my own.
DeleteFantastic visuals! I am thrilled to hear you got so much out of the course. I like to point out that students get out of it what they are willing to put into it, so GREAT JOB on your part!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I had the same feeling about Pits until I started my Landfill Dogs project. It took personal experience with them to change my mind. Now I am on a mission. I think getting them out there in public so people can see what big babies they are is very important. Perhaps this is another application for your education program! (just an idea)